With years of experience in the breeding business, I offer a wide variety of reproductive services. Whether you are an experienced horse breeder or a first time breeder looking to get a foal out of your favorite mare, I look forward to helping you achieve a successful breeding season.
Mare Reproductive Services:
- breeding soundness examinations
- reproductive ultrasound exams
- uterine cultures, biopsies, and cytology
- vaginal examinations(speculum and via endoscopy)
- artificial insemination(fresh chilled semen and frozen semen)
- diagnosis and treatment of mare infertility issues
- deep horn inseminations
- early pregnancy checks
- hormonal testing
- foaling assistance for dystocia
- treatment of post-foaling issues
- neonate care from newborn examinations, IgG testing, oral and intravenous plasma administration for lack of passive transfer of maternal antibodies, and the treatment of common newborn medical conditions.
Stallion Reproductive Services:
- stallion collection
- semen evaluation
- preparation of semen for fresh chilled shipments
- hormonal testing
The best time to exam your mare for breeding or reproductive soundness is while they are in estrus(heat). Most problems that lead to mare infertility will be observable during estrus such as pooling fluid and abnormal ovarian function. It is also usually the best time to get samples for uterine culture, cytology, and biopsies. I feel that you will get the best indication of uterine and ovarian health during estrus, but sometimes your mare may have to be followed through a whole cycle to get the overall picture of reproductive health. Some things like uterine cyst show up better during diestrus(mid-cycle), and more chronic persistent uterine infections that remain during diestrus. So, to completely evaluate your mare's reproductive health multiple ultrasound exams and diagnostic testing may be required. Finally, the most fertile mares are generally young mares less than 10 years old, or mares with a foal on their side. Those mares that usually have infertility issues are older(greater than 10 years old), and those mares that have had foals before but have been barren(without foals) for multiple years.
So, if you are in need of reproductive services for your mare or stallion feel free to contact me to schedule an appointment. I look forward to working with you.